People are increasingly moving towards a high usage of smartphones and businesses cannot stay behind taking a rich advantage. Mobile app development is seen becoming an integral part of most of the existing businesses since it keeps them connected with prospects for 24*7. It is not necessary that people remain in front of laptops all the time, but smartphone is such a belonging which remains with them for the whole day. If you are releasing an offer, you can simply drop a push notification. If a user’s searched item is soon going to be out of stock, you can immediately send an alert. There are a lot more advantages which we will share in the further section of this article.
1. Increased visibility: On an average, a user spends 162 minutes on smartphone everyday so if you remain available there, you are simply increasing the visibility of your brand. When we go through images, our brain records the memory unconsciously. Even if your app is not visited, the image i.e. the app’s icon will be there in user’s mind and when needed, he/she might consider you. Through your mobile app, you will also be able to maintain a visibility over app stores by performing app store optimization and adopting right strategies.
2. Direct communication: Through a mobile app, you can establish a direct communication with your customers instead of making them travel through browsers. In a way, you reduce the time for them to reach you. If your business is dependent upon just a mobile responsive website, then we must tell you that it is never loved by users as per many studies carried out. A well-designed mobile app relatively runs faster than a responsive website. Personalization is key to target modern customers which is why mobile app are on lead. Mobile applications are capable of offering a tailor-made content to the users as per their preferences, usage behaviour, location and more factors.
3. Sales growth: With the development of your mobile app, you will get a new channel for sales generation. You can allow users to directly make payment through the app so that they move down the conversion funnel quickly. If you have come up with an offer, you can quickly drop a push notification to the users with a time limitation so that he can make a quick decision. Loyalty reward is another time-tested method to increase the repeat business. If you are somewhere related to restaurant, lounge, spa, parlour or any such space that demands reservation, then through mobile app development, you will be able to provide users with a calendar functionality through which they can see the available seats and book right away. Mobile devices come up with an amazing feature called GPS through you may know user’s location. Now, when the users comes in your zone, you will definitely want to pitch them. Mobile apps lets you such functionality through which if user comes in vicinity, he/she can unlock coupons. Many such ways can support an increase in sales through mobile apps.
4. Direct marketing: All the actionable information that you want to share with your potential audience travels through your app due to its commendable features like messenger, push notifications, newsfeed etc. You can carry out much of your direct marketing through a mobile app. It is a way to keep the users updated with all the information regarding your offerings.
5. Customer engagement: Whether you sell a flower or a software, your customers always need an easy and quick way to connect which can be made possible through a mobile app. Mobile-first is a reliable approach to increase user involvement as it comes up with messaging feature facilitating an effortless connection. Users can also suggest feedback for recent updates. They can even drop a query for the products they are interested in. By offering a personalized experience you can keep them engaged on your platform and once they leave you always have a tool called push notification through which you can re-engage them. You can provide them a fully-fledged onboarding experience in order to guide the completely about your services and flow. The most important feature to keep users engaged is time. If you come up with things in lesser time than expected, you will be valued the most in the market. Mobile apps come up with such features. Apps are powered with high speed feature which is why they are fast and dependable every time user opens. With a clean coding and optimization, you can keep your mobile app light else it does not take much time in becoming a liability for you.
6. Customer loyalty: One of the most important aspects of running a business successfully is customer loyalty. Offer the things through which they remain engaged with just you and become completely loyal towards your services. Promotions, in pap purchases and advertisement are some of the ways to cultivate customer loyalty. You can append features like loyalty points or rewards on your platform through which the regular shoppers are eligible for additional benefits. You can drop regular notifications to the users regarding the latest offers, updates or anything new about the platform. Though this, user would know that the platform is not stagnant at one place, it is evolving and hence it is trust worthy. Keeping the information relevant and interesting keeps the customer coming back to the business. A great app is always useful and fun, does not matter which field it related to, whether it facilitates shopping or not. It is easy to keep the users engaged on a mobile app rather than through a mobile responsive website. Since it runs on browser, we have to take care that the browser does not get closed accidentally. With an app, you can pick from where you left. Moreover, you just have to tap the icon rather than going to a browser and type a URL.
7. Analytics: A mobile app can be a great source of analytics for your business. You can collect a lot of customer data through a mobile app and later use it for analysis. You will get to know the products or categories in which most of the users are interested. At the same time, you can eliminate unwanted pages, categories or products from the website by knowing the pages with zero count in terms of traffic. You can improve the user experience of your platform by knowing how exactly the users interact with your app. Though app, you get the data associated with the customer such as location, demographics, interest, age, gender etc. All these things help you gain a better understanding and improve your targeting in future.
8. Competitive advantage: Mobile applications got introduced into almost all the industry lines. Still, a lot of businesses are not considering them as marketing or sales tool at present. You can gain a competitive advantage here because most of the businesses have their website but not all of them are powered by functional apps. You can confidently strengthen your position in the industry by generating an additional serving for the target users.
9. Brand recognition: A mobile app can be created for any reason like Ecommerce, Online reservation, E-learning etc but what the brand gets as an added advantage is brand recognition. Mobile app development helps brands create awareness in the market and makes them stand out of the crowd. An application represents values. The way an app is branded reflects the company’s character. You need to cultivate a unique voice in the app’s messaging that can represent your values extensively. It will increase the brand authenticity.
10. Accessibility: Though a mobile app, different people present at different places can be targeted at same time. In the absence of a such a model, it was difficult to target all the prospects at a time. With its great returns, push notifications have overcome some of the old school methods of marketing like SMS marketing, email marketing etc. Having said that, you can tell all your customers or potential audience about the latest offers running. Mobile apps have brought the customers near to a brand with their amazing features. With just few taps, they can instantly get an information, carry out a purchase or even make bookings. If you want to bring people close to your brand, make sure to have an app in place.
11. Customer service: Mobile apps are seen to offer better customer service than ever. Are you wondering why? Over 2.7 billion people have smartphones in their hands now. Mobile apps are live for 24 hours in a day, hence businesses do not have to completely rely on smiling sales people all the time. Moreover, an app works on an algorithm and hence the operation would not be mood based as in the case of human beings. The interface would be same all the time and there are equal servings for all.
12. Notifications: When there no apps, there were fewer and moreover not-that-much effective ways to reach customers like SMS, Emails, Face-to-face meetings. With the advent of mobile apps, we are blessed with a feature called push notifications. An app is capable of sending push notifications to the users regarding any offer, discount or updates in their services. Applications can also send important reminders and alert to the users. For example, I participated in an online event through an app which sent me a reminder a day before and even an hour before the event hour. Push notifications are comparatively less intrusive than other marketing tactics and can potentially drive traffic. It assists users with useful information on time. Such notifications are capable of carrying even the deep links that can make your customer wherever you want inside your app. Push notifications can be harmful for your business if you use them going out of limits. No one loves a piled-up notification tray. If you are sending a dozen of updates in a day then customer would simply either uninstall your app or turn off the notifications due to which you will not be able to make even the important information reach them.
13. Personalization: It is one of the fascinating buzz words in the market. Personalization is basically providing a tailor-made experience to the users according to their preferences, purchasing behaviour, history, location etc. Personalization can bring a significant hike in your sales since an online store is generally piled up with products. It is difficult for the users to find something completely according to their preferences. They keep on scrolling and at the end, get tired and just leave the app. At the same time, if you show them something of their choice and preferences, they will definitely consider it.
14. Customer journey: Mobile apps reduce the efforts a user needs to put to find or purchase something from your store. The features such as categorization, filter, sorting etc. ensure a good navigation and hence you can offer a good user experience. By the grace of mobile apps, users can easily maintain the cart and perform online purchase through various payment modes.
15. Instant online and offline access: Through mobile apps, users can connect with you instantly whether they are in network area or slightly out of connectivity. Whereas, if we talk about mobile responsive website, they cannot run without connection. Mobile apps allow users to access their content instantly and offer seamless experience by a huge amount of data that can be accessed offline as well. Some of the applications like banking, storefronts, finance, retail, games and news can work online and offline. It just the new updates made by the admin would appear only when you come in connection again. Also, if transaction and such activities are carried out through the portal then connection is needed. Mobile apps also come in Lite versions these days through which the core features can be easily accessed in low network areas as well. For example, we have Uber Lite which lets you book a cab even when you are in basement or anywhere will little connectivity.
Mobile applications ae clearly acquiring the whole market due to which it keeps sheer important to adopt mobile first approach. Moreover, it is the demand of modern users which cannot be overlooked. If you are running out of budget to consider mobile app development at the moment, then there are certain ways through which you can bring down the development cost significantly. Feel free to get in touch with us through comment box in order to get more assistance.