How Much Does It Cost To Create A Retail App Like Walmart
Planning to give your retail business its exclusive mobile app? Read this.
The revolution in the field of technology and the development of different applications have given rise to many opportunities. The enhanced variety of software and network systems has contributed to effective customer service. Many retail apps have satisfied the customer experience along with creating a platform to link the retailers directly to the public. Hence, it is the easiest and most efficient way for business retail in the twentieth century.
As it acts as an engagement loop, the particular modern way got instant popularity and significance. It acts as a door linking the digital marketing and physical commerce approach. It creates better interaction between retailers and customers. Retailers can showcase their products online along with its feature and can often receive customer feedback.
The Importance of Retail Mobile Apps
Although the use of mobile apps was not at a high rate (only 7% in 2022), the shopping apps still got prestige and got high up with 54% accuracy. Around 80% of consumers in the U. S. have at least one shopping app on their smartphone as discovered during the survey. Most retail consumers prefer to use retail shopping apps as they find them easy to use rather than shopping in stores. Women, in specific, love to shop for fashionable clothes on shopping apps.
Although, websites also do not provide reassurance and security to customers, except for retail shopping applications that provide comfort and a medium of trust. So, with this modern business technology, it’s your time to modify your routine and launch your retail business app. Hurry before you lose your worthy customers to your competitors who may be planning to hype their online existence like you.
So, let’s explore the facts required to be known for creating a retail app along with its features.
Why do Customers like Retail Mobile Apps?
With the growing trends in the retail community, surveys and continuous research have led to a great rise in customer interaction. Many methods of using technology are taken into consideration regarding app usage. Every big and small brand is interested in gaining customers and engagement on every platform. The in-store traffic has led to a huge increment in customer interaction linking all social platforms along.
So, as per the survey, certain facts reveal the status and efficiency of retail mobile apps:
- Around 31% of people prefer shopping in-app to shopping via a website or in-store.
- Customers look for those stores that provide online notifications and interact with the help of mobile apps.
- 60% of people prefer shopping apps over shopping websites.
- Most customers look forward to the features like product customization and payment gateways for comfortable use and security.
- Customers mostly spend time discovering products through online retail apps rather than hitting up the stores.
- 45% of people do not prefer downloading apps if experienced security issues in the past.
- Some customers are even ready to pay higher costs for getting additional features like Augmented real preview and more.
Types of Orders in a Retail Mobile Application
There are mainly two forms of business retailing mobile apps:
1. One can choose and buy the product online. It can be delivered to any location of your choice.
2. One can buy the product from the store and make the payment online to save time and efficiency to stand in queues.
Features of a Walmart Mobile App:
We all are well aware that apps modify and enhance the purchasing procedure to achieve customer trust. Apps are made user-friendly with innovative methods of payment. It provides the platform to connect with their brand and clarify their doubts. Consumers prefer to use something which provides a fast and easy approach to fulfilling their desires. This turns the customer’s attitude towards your company and you gain loyalty and support.
Most retail businesses make the common mistake of providing multiple features at the initial stage only. This creates a negative impact on the users as it becomes hard and complex to be understood. Also, no person would like to fill their phone’s storage with something which makes processing slow. One must focus to build an MP: a lighter version app with basic, easy-to-go features. So, let’s explore some basic detailed business app features:
Additional Features of a Retail Mobile App
To stand out in the crowd, every particular app needs an exceptional service or feature. These are the few modernized techniques to create your exceptional retail mobile app:
- Item Availability- This enables the users to view the many items in the store. One can be pre-informed of the chosen item if it gets sold out. It also tells about the period when it will be back to the store.
- Price checker- This helps to check the price of a product. One can often compare the prices with its competitors for the best selection under an affordable range.
- Product info- This provides additional information including the product material, customer reviews, Q&A, and much more.
- Integrate e-commerce- This offers to enable digital reach to the maximum. One can link their online website store with the app, thus enhancing the greater reach and gaining the trust of the customers.
- Product preview- The original pictures, 3-D models, and computed graphic images ensures the user would love to buy it.
- Product customization- This can help the users to make wiser decisions while choosing their product. One can get aware of the types of products available. Consequently, this reduces the return and exchange rates of the products.
- Social share- It provides perfect interactive methods to share with your friends or relatives to ask them about the product.
- Payment gateway- platforms like credit cards, PayPal, android pay, and more can be used to integrate. The company can even manage to redirect the users to the payment pages is very helpful. The user can choose either of them at their convenience.
- Product finder- If an app contains tonnes of products, one can offer smart search to the users. Instead of finding a particular item in the catalog, one can categorize their preferences according to size, range, and more.
- Push notifications- This feature provides specific information timely regarding any offers or notifications regarding the sale. This helps to connect with customers even if they are not using the app at that current point in time.
- Geo-location – this particular feature allows every user to find the store offline. It provides ease of communication through store mapping. One can get every notification about the offers, sales, and more that is happening in the store.
- QR code- This is a major benefit for every customer and even for the in-store staff. This specifically focuses on saving time and energy. Its role is to provide the QR code for every product which makes finding a particular product very easy. One may not need to search for the product in every catalog.
- Location-based services– beacon is the key feature that links multiple activities and fulfills the desires of customers in the app. This technology implies the ability to multi-tasking. One can get the information in the right place at the right time. The customers are greeted whenever they open the app due to this immediate responsive tool available in the retail apps. The app provides product suggestions according to their past purchases and interest. The app notifies timely about special deals and offers.
Apart from all these features, beacons provide a special, virtual user guide and allow the user to accept payments. Exceptionally, beacon also creates in-store games to engage the interest of customers. Business retail apps must be easy to use and understand. Also, every such app must have a convenient and stress-free process of purchasing and delivery tracking. Consistent user experience is of utmost significance. Thus, one must integrate the retail store mobile with their official website and utility software systems like inventory management.
Renowned Apps in This Arena
Some of the most prominent mobile apps that have been great examples on the roads to success:
The surveys show that one-third of the U. S. population visits the Walmart store every week. Since the store launched its app, people prefer to reorder their essentials daily using credit cards. It has created an online platform for customers to plan and shop smartly with the ease of a touch. One can scan barcodes to get prices quickly along with the feature to refill and transfer prescriptions from other pharmacies to Walmart.
It’s a cosmetics retailer which got inspiration from the fact that a customer’s preference relies on product reviews and ratings. So, they launched their retail mobile app to offer product reviews published by customers, try-on for lips, eyes, and cheeks along with perfect beauty tips and skincare.
The popular homeware biggie store got its prestige through the Augmented reality app. One can place the virtual furniture in their home space according to their requirements like a table, chair, bookcase, etc. This helps the customers to visualize and be more accurate to their needs and satisfaction. So, a user can check how a product may look and blend with their home interior. Thus, the Ikea retail app helps to make the right decision for purchase.
According to the surveys, Starbucks owns 21% of the entire profit which equals $6 million approximately.
They launch the app for ease of customers that truly provides mutual benefits to the company as well. Customers no longer have to wait for their orders and stand in queues. They can make online transactions rather than doing physical payments. Thus, the number of sales has effectively increased all across the world and people prefer to visit Starbucks more and more.
So, do you notice the common factor in all the examples is the development of the retail business application? This has been a great way of mutual benefits for the customers and the company. It enables the company to gain trust and loyalty among its customers. The company maintains its employee-customer service related to the best. The introduction of mobile applications has also led to extensive growth in sales.
Why is it Crucial to Choose the Right App Development Company?
It’s not necessary to be the best. But, choosing the right app is the most important factor that builds the base of victory. Let’s explore the factors which affect the cost required in the making of the app development company:
In-house app development:
It would be painless for you to develop your retail mobile app if you have the proper knowledge and experience. Else, it’s a burdensome and complex process to build your app. A single IT expert won’t help, you need a whole team with different roles including the designer, logo maker, UI/UX developer, and so on. Also, you may have to deal with paid vacations, development devices purchase, employment taxes, and much more in the row.
One can try an e-commercial mobile app developer which may provide some basic features. Anyhow, this is not worthy enough to own a great app with advanced techniques of functionality.
This enables multiple choices to create a perfect retail mobile application. One can either hire freelancers or a mobile app development company. The most important aspect of this particular option is research.
One must communicate with the app development team to ensure that they are skillful and knowledgeable about their work. They must be well-updated with the latest techniques that are the hottest in the market. Choose the company which provides cost-effectiveness and flexibility along with a good track record.
Also Read: How to Outsource Mobile App Development
What Affects the Cost of Retail Mobile App Development?
The following key factors play a leading role in affecting the cost variations to create a retail mobile app:
Size of the app: The cost varies according to the number of features and platforms used to design the app.
Design and Development rates:
The size of the app defines the time the consumer is making it. However, the cost majorly varies due to changes in the development rate. It depends on the country’s income level. The app creation for US/UK-based developers is much higher than the India-based developers.
How Much Does It Cost To Create A Retail App
- A basic retail mobile app for one platform costs between USD 25,000-50,000.
- An app with medium complexity for one platform costs between USD 50,000-100,000.
- A complex app for one platform costs over USD 100,000.
Conclusion – How Much Does It Cost To Create A Retail App Like Walmart
From the article above, we understood how important it is to have a professional retail app. What owes its popularity is the multifarious benefits and ease it offers to its users. Making shopping easy and comfortable is its ultimate objective, in addition to catering to the interest pursuits of the users.
So, if you’re into a retail business and planning to develop a retail mobile app, get in touch with Verve Logic today. Not only do our proficient experts create a custom-made app for you but also give your business a new image in the market.