Mobile applications are becoming a clear choice for a lot of businesses thriving in the market due to their ultimate benefits and user-friendly nature. These are seen to come handy when it comes to performing any of your daily chores like shopping, travelling or even doing business. Businesses are nowadays considering mobile app development for many reasons like getting instantly connected with prospects, being in reach for 24*7, sending notifications and most importantly, because people demand it.
Business owners with a little or no knowledge of how the development works do not generally take risk taking responsibility on their head or handing it over to an inexperienced person. It is important to hire a good resource to develop an effective mobile presence. If you go in the market searching for a mobile app developer, there would be resources consenting to work for full time whereas there would be ones who would like to go for hourly basis.
Points to consider while hiring a mobile app developer
1. Type of application: It depends greatly upon the type of application required at your end in order to make a choice between full-time and hourly basis mobile app developer. If you are looking for regular assistance like developing an app that requires routine updates, then it is wise to hire a full-time developer who would dedicatedly work for your app. For the apps that launch at once and do not require frequent updates, it comes in handy to go for hourly basis developer.
2. Experience: It is always good to go for an experienced developer even if you want to get a basic app developed. If you update the features in future, you will at least have a good foundation to support it.
3. Cost: Thinking to begin with any venture, cost is the first thing that comes in mind. Businesses have to evaluate the budget in advance so that they do not fall short in between the process. If you have a low budget, you can go for freelancers rather than sound company. Going for freelancers, you can cut down a lot of cost that is incurred in the base of full time or in-house developers. Apart from offering a smart package, you will also have to give them additional benefits like paid leaves, bonus, Insurance, overtime pay, training etc. Hiring a full-time developer also brings you some of the indirect costs that cannot be seen at first. For example, computer, maintenance, network, electricity etc. Here are the major ones.
4. Communication: Choice of a developer also depends upon the work culture you require. Freelancers are not generally as professional as a company. They would not take your money and just run away but yes, a professional behaviour, perfect communication, timely delivery is hard to expect. At the same time, if you go for a professional mobile app development company, you will get a dedicated manager assisting you throughout the project cycle.
5. Methodology: A number of companies now follow Agile process in which client’s feedback matters at every stage. You will be involved with the project at every step and anytime you require a modification, you can get it done. There is no specific rule for the hourly based freelancer. They might or might not be a god suit for you.
Mobile app developer rates depending upon type of apps:
The cost of mobile app development majorly depends upon the type of application, its features and the technologies used.
1. Basic App: A basic app would be an app that does not have a back-end database, any API functionality or any other integration like social media. You will be charged around $2000 to $10000 for such an app whereas if we talk about the US, it might cost you somewhere around $8000. For such an app, the timeline can range from 1 to 2 months. To get a reduction in cost, you can consider hiring new developers or freelancer. Since it is going to be a basic app, even a new developer can work on it efficiently.
2. Moderately complex app: A moderately complex app will have backend support and little complex functionalities with API integrations. It will cost somewhere between $10k to $40k. This is an average cost which might vary according to the location as well as platforms chose. In India, the same app might cost you half the price as compared to the US. The timeframe for such applications generally ranges between 3-6 months.
3. Complex app: A complex app would be an app with APIs, social media integration, backend support and yes, complicated functionalities. To develop such an app, you need to hire an experienced developer. These apps would be definitely expensive to develop, and the cost may range from $40k to $80k. In India, it might cost around $35k. The average time might be 4-8 months.
If we talk about the hourly cost then,
A. Native apps: According to one of the largest freelancing platforms, Upwork, the hourly cost of a native app developer lies between $20 to $99 an hour, with an average project cost of around $680.
B. Hybrid apps: If hybrid technologies are taken in account then Xamarin developers and PhoneGap developers charge anywhere between $10-$60 an hour which also depends upon location.
How to find good mobile app developers?
Finding a full-time developer depends upon various factors like tenure, experience, platform, technology etc. You have to first evaluate the time period for which you require that developer’s assistance. Experience is another thing that keeps utmost important and would affect your future goals and user experience offered by means of your application.
You have to see which platform are you going to launch your app on. Would it be iOS, Android, Windows or some other? Going for all at once also gives you two choice. You can either go for native apps or hybrid apps. If you go for Hybrid app, you will have to hire only one resource because hybrid apps are coded once, and the same codebase runs on all the platforms. Hybrid application developer would also bring a significant drop in the cost and moreover the time of development reduces to half.
After you decide onto all such things, you can find for best firms out there by searching on Google and reading reviews. Consider connecting with people in your professional circle in order to take an idea on which company is performing well at this time taking in account a good grab on the technologies.
The above mentioned is a set of average costs based on our experience and the studies carried out by various technical bodies. The actual cost is variable depending upon various factors. Feel free to get in touch in order receive more assistance on mobile app development.