Top 8 Ways to Speed Up the Development Process of Your Mobile App
In our previous segment, we have tried giving you a rough estimation on how long does it take to develop an app. If you are planning an early launch to the market, then there are few ways through which you can speed up the process to reduce the development time significantly. In this high paced era, we are blessed with some of the really high-tech resources backed by advanced technologies which has made everything possible for us. Same goes with your mobile app development process. Let us see what’s the magic behind getting your app in the market swiftly.
1. Use cross platform tools: Whenever you approach any developer asking for mobile app development, his/her first question would be “On which all platforms we are supposed to work”? This question mostly means whether you want to launch you app for Android or iOS or Windows users.
Going for one platform might chuck out a lot of potential audience from your scope. While, working on all the platforms at once might increase the development time and cost as well. So, we have a solution here.
There are many cross-platform technologies available in the market through which developers can provide you an app working on the prominent platforms through single code base. Means, you just need one resource who has to code once, and this code can work for all prominent platforms. It can bring a significant change in the development time and you will be able to launch your app in half the time you had to spend going for Native app. The popular and generally used cross platform tools include Xamarin, PhoneGap, FlutterSDK etc.
2. Create MVP strategy: MVP is Minimum Viable Product which can be your early product release containing just the core functionalities. Using this approach, instead of waiting for the whole development to complete, you can release your app with basic or core features at first and then keep coming up with the updates. It is a way to reduce the development time and hence the cost. Moreover, you will be able to test the acceptance of your app in the market. You can also look for the things that are additionally required by the users and can add the same later through updates. You will be able to maintain a momentum and be laser focused on the development using this methodology. By releasing just, the core features at once, you can expect maximum returns.
3. Adopt Agile: Agile is a product development methodology on which most of the mobile app development companies prefer to work these days. It has brought into action small product cycles, quick and frequent deliveries along with MVP approach. The whole work is divided in sprints and on completion of each sprint, the product is sent to the client to release a feedback. This process keeps the clients involved at every stage and hence no reworks happen in the future. It ensures that you ae not wasting time and resources on the things that are no more required by the users.
4. Create Wireframes: Creating Wireframes is another good approach where you roughly develop the screen as you want them to look on the final product and also linking is done between various screens so that the designers or developers can get the flow. It is basically a visual representation of your app’s UI. There are many wireframing easy to use tool are available in the market through which you can create wireframes. If you do so, your designer would be able to exactly understand your requirements else he/she will keep on trying and you might not like them even on the 10th attempt. Hence, Wireframing saves a lot of your time.
5. Routine code reviews and quality assurance: Conduct a QA after completion of every milestone rather than leaving it for later when the app is ready to launch. The same goes with Code reviews. With regular checking, you can fix the things as and when they happen. Else, you might even more issues arising due to existing ones when you are near to the launching date.
6. Automated testing: Use the power of automated testing to bring a significant drop in timeframe generally taken in manual testing. Automated testing allows you to run a suite of tests which might take literally hours if done manually. It generated fast feedback through which you can quickly start the process of debugging. It is seen to reduce the business expenses due to a significant drop in the amount of time required to run manual tests. Moreover, automated test cases are reusable and hence developers can reutilize them through different approaches.
7. Use third party modules: Though most of the companies suggest you to not use third party tools because they come up with certain restriction and interference in your application but choosing good ones is worth. Moreover, why to invest time reinventing the wheel? When you already have some of the amazing and efficient tools in the market, why to spend time regenerating them. A well-placed third-party module can assist you deliver a product of required quality while also reducing your development time.
8. Seek professionals: If you think that your in-house resources are taking too much time, you can always approach a company dedicatedly serving this field. It is there every day’s work and hence they will come up with a lot of ways on how you can quickly launch your app.
There can be a lot of reasons for you to quickly get to the market like arriving season, market demand, industry trends etc. But, make sure to come up with a properly tested solution as your first impression is going to be the last impression. Even if you go for MVP approach, it is important for you to generate a good impact on users with even the basic product so that they would want to avail the future offerings.