The global mobile app development has shown more heights. Over the year, the mobile app market has seen some significant changes. Mobility has emerged as an important part of digital world which is directing the economy towards mobile app development.
Mobile apps are incredible medium to bring brand awareness. Mobile users are either using android or iOS or windows as their mobile platforms. Since, the users are scattered in mobile platforms, developing an app for various platforms can be a time taking process. In order to bring as many customers as possible, cross platform mobile app has replaced native apps.
What is cross platform app?
Mobile phone app development experts define cross platform as a versatile platform which enhances the usage of source course usability and the programmers can use it at multiple platforms. Cross platform apps are suitable for all kind of mobile operating platforms without making the users notice them. It is helpful in saving time, cost and efforts.
Benefit of cross platform application
The primary purpose of every organization is to reach wider audience and generate better revenue. Cross platform applications offers enormous advantages. Let us discuss some of them:
Advantage for developers
- Speed: The time taken in developing cross platform app is far less than native web and mobile app development. This way you can get less cost in app development.
- Reusability of codes: This versatile feature of cross platform app makes it most attractive for most of development companies across the globe. Once the code is written, it can be used in other web and mobile task very easily.
- Easy use of plug-in: Plug-ins are really useful for the development of various kinds of features. A handy tool like PhoneGap, Rhomobile etc which are an easy access to plugins.
- Cloud integration: The versatility of an cross platform app increases when used in cloud.
Advantage of business owner
- Uniform view of client: The apps look absolutely similar no matter which mobile app platform is used. This is one time investment which brings bigger advantage and enhances the app visibility when it is installed.
- Short development time: iphone mobile application development experts suggest that the cost of app development depends on time, efforts invested in coding, designing, testing which is saved in cross app development. A short development time would mean saving cost and get better marketing benefits.
- Cost effectiveness: developing a native mobile app brings a lot of complexity in the development process. Developing native app involves cost of development of two apps along with the cost of launch as well. Whereas, developing cross platform app which is much easier and cost friendly.
- Give exposure to large number of users: cross platform app increases the reach of the consumers as the app can be used in any platform. It is also uniform across the platforms which makes it easier to understand and handle.
- Low maintenance cost: There is a lot of changes which takes place in the market due to the changing needs of the users. This consumers a lot of cost and depletes the app revenue for small players. This is where cross platform apps actually works.
Cross platform apps are highly useful and can be easily replaced with native app development.